Burns and scalds are damage to the skin caused by heat. Both are treated in the same way.
A burn is caused by dry heat – by an iron or fire, for example. A scald is caused by something wet, such as hot water or steam.
Burns can be very painful and may cause:
• red or peeling skin
• white or charred skin
The amount of pain you feel isn’t always related to how serious the burn is. Even a very serious burn may be relatively painless.
Types:-there are 5 types of burns:-
Most burns are minor injuries that occur at home or work. It is common to get a minor burn from hot water, a curling iron, or touching a hot stove. Home treatment is usually all that is needed for healing and to prevent other problems, such as infection.
There are many types of burns.
• Heat burns (thermal burns) are caused by fire, steam, hot objects, or hot liquids. Scald burns from hot liquids are the most common burns to children and older adults.
• Cold temperature burns are caused by exposure conditions.
• Electrical burns are caused by contact with electrical sources or by lightning.
• Chemical burns are caused by contact with household or industrial chemicals in a liquid, solid, or gas form. Natural foods such as which contain a substance irritating to the skin, can cause a burning sensation.
• Radiation burns are caused by the sun, tanning booths, sunlamps, X-rays,
• Friction burns are caused by contact with any hard surface such as roads carpets, or gym floor surfaces. They are usually both a scrape (abrasion) and a heat burn. Athletes who fall on floors, courts, or tracks may get to the skin. Motorcycle or bicycle riders who have road accidents while not wearing protective clothing also may get friction burns.
Home management of burns;-
Here are the top 10 home remedies for minor burns.
• Cold Water. Stop a burn from spreading by running cold water over the burn area for several minutes within seconds of being burned. …
• Raw Potato. …
• Aloe Vera. …
• Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice. …
• Honey. …
• Sterile gauze to cover burns site.
Discussion and types of Burn
Author: SUMAN MEEL